Mark W. "catfood" Schumann
My birthday greetings
Jim Kukral sings for me. I'm tickled.
What's new here
Out there professionally
I'm on LinkedIn.
I wrote a novel, sort of, in November 2007. Tentatively Yours is probably (because it went by so fast) a murder mystery set primarily in Tremont and in Lakewood. No, you can't read it, because it's so horrible I'm embarrassed to look at it myself. But the experience was worth the late nights and short-term panic.
Who I am and what I'm doing
Here are a few things about me and my people:
- My business:
Critical Results Data, formerly "Software Under Flap".
- My family invented a variant of Quidditch for muggles.
- What I'm reading:
- The Edgeworks series of Harlan Ellison;
- Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy: The Harvard Medical School Guide to Healthy Eating by Walter C. Willett MD.
- What I'm listening to:
- The "o" album from Tilly and The Wall.
- The untitled homemade CD (Chicken Little?) burned by a indie guy from Brooklyn called Cuomo and his partner Emma. It could use just a bit of accordion music though.
- My favorite cereal: Weetabix (would you
believe this is one of the most popular such pages on the web?);
- My family: the Schumanns;
- My education: Grinnell College, where I squeaked by with a B.A. in Mathematics in 1988; and
- My nickname: what is this Catfood thing?
- I like to play chess too.
- Looking for my PGP public key? Get it right here.
- My not-so-new-car haiku:
Your splendid chassis,
strong, supple, side panels:
I love you, Saturn.
from my days contracting at Caliber Technology, a division of
This was shot around early 1999. The back-of-head in the foreground belongs
to Dawn Porter from the Help Desk, who incidentally also drives a Saturn;
the fellow on the right is Beirne Konarski; and I'm the guy with the white
shirt. Costumes were provided by
but I had to pay for them like everyone else in spite of this plug.
This page has been accessed times!
Last validated 27 August 2008:
This page was last updated on 27 August 2008.
Of course this is all copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Mark W. Schumann, all rights reserved;
nobody but I am responsible for this content.